If you wish to participate in any Tour or Event organised by DragonMotoTours Ltd, it is your responsibility to read and understand our terms and conditions which are set out in this document and to confirm your agreement either by signing the booking form provided and/or providing written confirmation by e-mail.
Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. A non-refundable deposit of £95.00 per person for UK tours and events or £95.00 per person for European, Ireland and On & Off-Road tours, will be required at the time of booking and a confirmation will be sent to you at the time of receipt. You will be provided with an invoice advising of any outstanding balance and the date due approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of a tour or event.
Payments by cheque are to be made out to DragonMotoTours Ltd or can be made via a bank transfer, details of which will be provided to you at the time of booking. Please note that payment in full is required for any booking which is made less than six weeks prior to the date of departure of the tour.
All monies paid to DragonMotoTours Ltd will be kept in trust until such time as your tour has been completed.
If you cancel your booking, notification to DragonMotoTours Ltd must be made in writing and the following terms apply:-
• A full refund per person excluding any deposit paid, if notified 42 days before departure
• A 50% refund per person excluding any deposit paid, if notified 41 – 21 days before departure
• A Nil refund will be given if notified less than 21 days prior to departure.
Should any client decide to withdraw from a tour after its commencement, no refund will be given and DragonMotoTours Ltd will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by that client.
DragonMotoTours Ltd reserve the right to cancel a tour if the number of participants are insufficient to make a tour viable. Should this situation arise, notification will be provided 6 weeks prior to the date of the commencement of the tour. If we have to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, this would only be in exceptional circumstances and we would look to offer you an alternative tour (with DragonMotoTours Ltd). If this were not possible or acceptable, we would issue a full refund.
If any participant behaves in a manner which either endangers or causes distress or discourtesy to others, then DragonMotoTours Ltd reserve the right to ask that participant to leave the tour. No monies will be refunded in this circumstance and DragonMotoTours Ltd will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by that client.
If a significant change of route or destination is required due to circumstances out of our control, we will notify you as soon as we are made aware. Wherever possible we will look to overcome any situations which may arise causing delay or change, however, we cannot be held responsible for those delays and changes which are beyond our control such as train/ferry delays, weather conditions*, traffic congestions, terrorism, war, industrial dispute, closure of itemised visitor attractions.
*If weather conditions deteriorate on any day during a tour to such a degree that the client chooses to curtail the ride and seeks alternative accommodation, this will be undertaken at the client’s own discretion and DragonMotoTours Ltd will not be responsible for any additional costs that this would incur.
DragonMotoTours Ltd reserve the right to increase the price of a tour due to negative variations in the economic climate and fluctuations in the exchange rate.
DragonMotoTours Ltd will endeavour to provide each client with a tour experience as near as is possible to that described to you in our tour itineraries. We will make every effort to communicate client requirements, e.g. dietary, with the hotels in advance of our tours, (please refer to the section on our booking form regarding dietary requirements / food allergies & dislikes). Please be advised that allocation of rooms at our hotels is at the discretion of the hotel management – we will endeavour to liaise with the hotels to meet any specific room requests
The client is responsible for ensuring that:-
• they hold a full and valid category motorcycle licence
• their motorcycle is road legal, mechanically sound and in a roadworthy condition. The machine should be suitable to provide rider and pillion (where applicable), comfort and protection from the elements and commensurate with being capable to travel distances relevant to a tour and at the National speed limit applicable to the locations of a tour.
• they hold a valid certificate of insurance covering the motorcycle, rider and pillion (where relevant) – and comply with any requirements to notify their Insurance Company when travelling to specified countries in the EU
• they provide their own vehicle breakdown and accident recovery policies (including vehicle and personnel repatriation - where applicable), and that any repairs are the responsibility of the motorcycle owner and not DragonMotoTours Ltd. All reasonable assistance will be provided at the time with the agreement of the client. However, should a participant be unable to carry on with the tour due to mechanical or accident damage then DragonMotoTours Ltd will be unable to refund the cost of the tour
• they are responsible for adhering to traffic regulations and laws of the country relevant to the tour, and are responsible for any penalty which may be incurred if they are discovered to be in breach of these laws
• they provide personal travel insurance for themselves and their pillion (if relevant)
• their passport is valid and up to date
• on European tours they are in possession of their own valid and current European Health Insurance card (EHIC)
• current driving licence and original vehicle documentation are required to be carried at all times whilst riding on European tours
• at all times they are responsible for the manner in which they ride and do not endanger other members of the tour group or any other road users. Any injury, illness or fatality during the tour, is not the responsibility of DragonMotoTours Ltd
• should a client be delayed on route to the departure point for the start of a tour, it is the responsibility of the client to notify DragonMotoTours Ltd of this delay and to ride unaccompanied to an agreed, re-arranged meeting point
• if any incident occurs that may cause delay to a tour, the appropriate procedures will be adhered to. DragonMotoTours Ltd will take all necessary steps to keep all members of the tour fully informed of the situation
During the course of a tour, should you have a complaint, your concerns should be highlighted to the tour organisers of DragonMotoTours Ltd at the earliest opportunity who will endeavour to resolve the issue. If, however, you are not completely satisfied we would request that you send your complaint in writing (either by e-mail or letter), within 30 days of the event to:-
e-mailing : firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can write to us at: 41 High Street, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1AL
*For the purpose of this document, Personal Information means details you are asked to provide to DragonMotoTours Ltd such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, motorcycle details, bank details and/or any other information which is requested on our booking form.
Any Personal Information that you provide to DragonMotoTours Ltd will not be forwarded to a third party without your prior consent.
The details you provide to us are used for the purpose of ensuring that we have the correct information for when you have booked on a tour or event with DragonMotoTours Ltd.
Your e-mail address is used to contact you with regard to the tour you have booked on and also to keep you updated of any other tours, ride-outs and events which we have.
We ask for a contact telephone number in case of any query which may arise where we are unable to contact you via e-mail.
DragonMotoTours Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to avoid unauthorised access or disclosure to a third party of any personal information provided to us.
Should you have any query with regard to the details provided in this document or if you wish to make us aware of any change in your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact us by
or you can write to us at: 41 High Street, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1AL